04:30 Uber still the most crooked company possible
10:55 Hyundai says it will replace the battery packs in ~82,000 EVs globally 20:40 This Week in Tesla
32:45 Mercedes testing new EV truck
36:25 China and Europe are Winning the EV Battery “Arms Race”
49:05 Shout-outs and Go Home
02:50 Why good reporting is so important
06:15 ALEXA uber alles
10:25 Amazon To Pay $61.7 Million to Settle FTC Charges
15:35 Tesla is forced to finally recall defective screens
21:20 This Week in Tesla
29:00 Where can you go in an EV with 1,000 miles of Range?
32:40 Iceland after a decade of investing in Green Tech
41:45 MiniCooper Motor Mojo – the 2022 MiniCooper EV
48:45 California Wins Emissions Fight
52:40 The Boring Company gets approval for LVCC Loop extension to Resorts World
56:10 SHout-outs and Go Home
2:00 Consumer Report study EVs maintenance
9:10 Hydrogen fuel cell thermal improvements
14:30 Boring Company new Las Vegas station/tunnels
16:15 Starship SN8 test
18:20 TSLA Short sellers have banner 2020 / capital raise
20:00 Taxi company suing Tesla
23:05 Aptera (I also added a reservation to my Cybertruck order, why not‽)
27:20 Start Engine investment/kickstarter site (I wanted to invest /\ in Solectrac but couldn’t as a Canadian)
32:25 Hummer EV prototype
40:20 Uber self driving development SOLD
45:50 Covid and public transit cuts
54:50 A decade of EVs and Shoutouts!
00:00 Show Start
03:58 Heavy Weights and Gravity as Energy Storage
13:30 The $10,000 USD Kandi EV
20:55 Guy Gets Rightfully Scammed
25:10 This Week in Tesla
32:35 Uber Lyft going all-EV?
39:00 The Gig Economy Basically Sucks
49:10 Shoutouts and Go Home
06:00 A Little Self-Promotion
11:15 Hyundai Launches Ionic Brand of EVs
20:55 The Politics of Saving the Environment
29:40 This Week in Tesla
36:15 California Court Rules Uber and Lyft Must Call Drivers “Employees”
50:45 GM’s SuperCruise is a Subscription Service
1:05:20 Shout-outs and Go Home
1) The Union of Concerned Scientists have completed their study and concluded that ride sharing (such as Uber and Lyft) introduce almost 70% more pollutants than the rides they are replacing. Not only the rides they are replacing but taking people off mass transit.
2) A study of vehicles interacting with pedestrians at a crosswalk showed that there is a direct correlation between how aggressive the vehicle is towards the pedestrians and how much that vehicle costs. So yeah, rich drivers are bigger jerks and the data backs it up!
3) The coronavirus is impacting the supply lines of vehicle manufacturing along with other appliance manufacturing. Couple this with Ford’s continuously declining stock price and market share and we’re starting to wonder whether Ford can avoid a bankruptcy or total liquidation.
4) Continuing our discussion about Tesla’s Buffalo, NY, factory, the state of New York is looking to sell some manufacturing equipment it had purchased for Tesla but was never used.
Aptera, autonomous, batteries, battery, California, Cybertruck, Efficiency, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, eVolution, General Motors, gigafactory, gm, Hummer, hybrid, hydrogen, Hyundai, ID.3, id3, Lexus, LimePod, lyft, Mary Barra, Micromobility, mirai, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, RAV-4, RAV4, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, Toyota, trump, uber, Volkswagon, What Drives Us
1) At the LA Auto Show, a Toyota spokesman told a roomful of reporters that there is no demand for EVs. This certainly clears things up in terms of Tesla, the Leaf, Volt/Bolt, Rivian, etc.
2) Ford has reported that the 2021 Mustang Mack E is already sold out.
3) It’s our turn to provide our impression of the Tesla Cybertruck.
Aptera, auto show, autonomous, battery, Bolt, bus, Canada, CTT, Cybertruck, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, Ford, funding, future, General Motors, gigafactory, gm, Hummer, hybrid, Hyundai, id3, las vegas, LE, Leaf, Lexus, lyft, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, reveal, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, the boring company, Tokyo, Toyota, truck, trump, tunnel, uber, Vancouver, Volt, VW, What Drives Us
Aptera, auto show, autonomous, battery, bus, Canada, CTT, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, first, funding, future, General Motors, gigafactory, gm, Hummer, hybrid, Hyundai, id3, las vegas, LE, Lexus, lyft, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, reveal, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, the boring company, Tokyo, toronto, Toyota, trump, tunnel, uber, van, Vancouver, VW, What Drives Us