1) At the LA Auto Show, a Toyota spokesman told a roomful of reporters that there is no demand for EVs. This certainly clears things up in terms of Tesla, the Leaf, Volt/Bolt, Rivian, etc.
2) Ford has reported that the 2021 Mustang Mack E is already sold out.
3) It’s our turn to provide our impression of the Tesla Cybertruck.
Aptera, auto show, autonomous, battery, Bolt, bus, Canada, CTT, Cybertruck, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, Ford, funding, future, General Motors, gigafactory, gm, Hummer, hybrid, Hyundai, id3, las vegas, LE, Leaf, Lexus, lyft, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, reveal, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, the boring company, Tokyo, Toyota, truck, trump, tunnel, uber, Vancouver, Volt, VW, What Drives Us
2016, Aptera, bus, Charging, Corolla, Eco, electric, elon, elon musk, emissions, EV, hybrid, hydrogen, id3, las vegas, LE, Lexus, lyft, mirai, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, oil, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, rv, solar, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, the boring company, Toyota, truck, trump, tunnel, uber, VW, What Drives Us
1) VW ID.3 would not sell enough in the US, or would it sell too much?
2) Amazon orders 100K delivery vans from Rivian
3) Lime shuts down car rental service, Limepod
4) Waiting for Godot
2170, Aptera, Canada, CARB, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, hybrid, id3, las vegas, LE, Lexus, lyft, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, musk, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, rv, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, the boring company, Toyota, truck, trump, tunnel, uber, update, van, VW, What Drives Us
1) Volkswagon unveils the ID.3
2) And a little information about the ID.4
3) Speaking of VW, someone says they are below $100 per kWh battery price
4) COX Automotive makes a $350M investment in Rivian
5) Russell wants to talk about the Porsche Taycan debut
Patrick Connor’s feature; Russell’s Rant:
If we just avoid going political
Russell’s happy news
Danny and Russell take on the show as a duo this week. Here’s what they talked about:
Bolt begins oozing out
“The next step in the process is to begin taking orders for the 2017 Bolt. Rumors suggest that could happen as early as this week, but only in the states of California and Oregon for now.
There are plans to go nationwide, but that’s not expected to happen until 2017.”
“Clearly, it is kinda ridiculous now to say that an automaker with 1,000-plus workers is working on nothing at all. So, let’s drop that vaporware status and ready ourselves for some big reveals coming from Faraday soon –“
-additionally, is this the beginning of the end for hybrid cars?
And finally, thanks to Faraday Future. The depth of your marketing team is evident here.