We spent almost two hours talking about the history and impact of Prius on the world. Current and former members of the Prius Team from Toyota join us for the first hour. It’s a great look back at one of the biggest impacts in cleaner vehicles. We’re all current and previous Prius owners and Prius enthusiasts. But when asking about previous decisions and future plans, that doesn’t mean we went easy on them.
Supercar article referenced by Tony: https://whatdrives.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/SuperCar.pdf
Russell buys a used Prius from Paul and explains why he flew 1200 and drove for 17 hours to do it, GM and Nikola decide to make trucks, the Las Vegas CC buys a monorail, Puerto Rico plans out a better future, new ways to make energy and more.
Here’s awesome Google Doc Paul mentioned: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1HflVng6sYIb6Gs4pOKiDGtqU5YJ2-hgdM4pRNaT62gs/htmlview?fbclid=IwAR3Xzeh-U5AVI_bcfcSAqx_PIBAVAoka3CYSkpaLZ1xKs_x2dqy8KU05NZA#
1) Russell has just returned from a Toyota event in which he was driving their brand new AWD systems they are introducing in their sedans.
2) Tony and Jon B spent two days at the Chicago Auto Show and provide their impressions of what they saw.
3) Jon B provides speculative insights as to what the upcoming RAV4 Prime might reveal about possible changes coming to the Prius Prime.
4) Jaguar is having to temporarily stop production of the I-Pace due to a battery shortage.
5) Why is it extremely possible that ICE vehicles are not going away anytime soon?
1) The HD LiveWire approaches launch – https://youtu.be/rfitxBa7UPg?t=6m40s
2) The wind doesn’t always blow. . .
3) . . . and the sun doesn’t always shine. . .
Solar power system that works at night a renewable energy game-changer
4) . . . which is why we have batteries.
Energy storage market booms, with more growth to come
5) Dealership wins lawsuit against Toyota.
6) REE Reinvents the Wheel and Plans to Manufacturer Skateboards
Russell rants about linkbait featuring Tesla and cites more than a dozen examples of stories that exist simply for a click.
He also talks about the Prius Prime door.
Patrick talked about why the Tesla Model 3 probably isn’t shipping in July and why that is just fine.
If we just avoid going political
Russell’s happy news
Honda’s 80 mile Laughing Stock.
But dealers protect us. From what we have no idea.
Autonomous racing. Or: if a race car bursts into flames and no one is inside does anyone care?
This week’s news…
This week’s news…
Russell’s Rant: Toyota is losing prius prime sales, already