02:40 Nissan Announces the Ariya EV and Abandons CHADeMo
17:00 Dealers Mark up RAV4 Prime up to $10,000
25:30 SCE Spending $350M on Infrastructure
29:30 New BMW iX3 EV
46:00 Polestar 2 Review: It’s Nice!
52:55 VW’s Top Software Guy is Out
57:50 Shout outs and Go Home
00:00 Intros 04:10 Ford Mach-e Battery Reporting
12:45 Dodge Hellcat SUV
17:50 Pandemic Brings Fewer Crashes but More Fatalities
25:25 Suzuki Across PHEV is the RAV4 Prime
31:10 Moving Forward Act moves to the Senate
38:00 Solar-Powered Level-2 Charging Station
42:45 Muni Cutting Bus Routes
55:55 Let’s Go Home
1) Russell has just returned from a Toyota event in which he was driving their brand new AWD systems they are introducing in their sedans.
2) Tony and Jon B spent two days at the Chicago Auto Show and provide their impressions of what they saw.
3) Jon B provides speculative insights as to what the upcoming RAV4 Prime might reveal about possible changes coming to the Prius Prime.
4) Jaguar is having to temporarily stop production of the I-Pace due to a battery shortage.
5) Why is it extremely possible that ICE vehicles are not going away anytime soon?
Russell rants about linkbait featuring Tesla and cites more than a dozen examples of stories that exist simply for a click.
He also talks about the Prius Prime door.
Patrick talked about why the Tesla Model 3 probably isn’t shipping in July and why that is just fine.
If we just avoid going political
Russell’s happy news
Honda’s 80 mile Laughing Stock.
But dealers protect us. From what we have no idea.
Autonomous racing. Or: if a race car bursts into flames and no one is inside does anyone care?
This week’s show starts with a fiery debate between Evan and Russell over Elon Musk and Donald Trump. Come for the excitement and stick around for the excellent news coverage this week.
For posting info on the prime availability in NY state via twitter