04:30 Uber still the most crooked company possible
10:55 Hyundai says it will replace the battery packs in ~82,000 EVs globally 20:40 This Week in Tesla
32:45 Mercedes testing new EV truck
36:25 China and Europe are Winning the EV Battery “Arms Race”
49:05 Shout-outs and Go Home
5:15 Toyota Mirai
10:30 Rivian Amazon van undercover
18:05 Hyundai buys Boston Dynamics
24:20 Tesla News – Giga Berlin – China superchargers – Tesla Parade
30:20 Bollinger strangely still rendering
33:33 EV West crate motor
37:00 Zoox autonomous shuttle vehicles
44:30 Personal deliveries are an environmental nightmare and so is packaging / recycling
58:40 Kandi EV cheapest in America
06:00 A Little Self-Promotion
11:15 Hyundai Launches Ionic Brand of EVs
20:55 The Politics of Saving the Environment
29:40 This Week in Tesla
36:15 California Court Rules Uber and Lyft Must Call Drivers “Employees”
50:45 GM’s SuperCruise is a Subscription Service
1:05:20 Shout-outs and Go Home
07:40 Hybrid Fleets Would Reduce Emissions Now
15:55 Electric Brands Introduces Module EV Bus
22:00 Tesla Willing to License Software and Technology
26:00 Hyundai Ramps up EV Production Plans
37:40 The Real Cost of “Public” Parking
43:15 Community Solar for Those Who Can’t Solar
49: 30 Fossil Fuel Companies Funding the Police
1:01:15 Shout-outs and Go Home
1) Russell teases that he’s been invited to a Toyota AWD event. More details in a future show.
2) Simon Wecker, a guy in Berlin, Germany, pulled 90 cell phones – all with Google Maps active – through empty streets. Why? Because Google interpreted all that data to mean that the streets were congested with 90 cars, all barely moving along. The result was empty streets thanks to Google routing everyone around Wecker and his wagon of phones.
3) Hyundai is doubling their Kona EV production be adding a second factory. This is in response to the Kona’s massive demand, which Hyundai is not able to keep up with.
4) The new US Building Codes will call for new homes in the US to be manufactured “EV Ready”.
5) Rivian and Amazon are designing and building a custom EV Amazon delivery van. It’s kind of cute.
6) We’re relatively excited to see that there are EV trucks coming to market. Americans love their trucks so if we want to win them over we’re going to need electric trucks.
7) Toyota is introducing new technology to safe stupid people from themselves. This new software will detect when someone mashes the accelerator rather than the brake and make sure the car doesn’t surge forward. Because, let’s face it, unexpected acceleration was really human error all along.
Aptera, autonomous, batteries, battery, California, Cybertruck, Efficiency, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, eVolution, General Motors, gigafactory, gm, Hummer, hybrid, hydrogen, Hyundai, ID.3, id3, Lexus, LimePod, lyft, Mary Barra, Micromobility, mirai, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, RAV-4, RAV4, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, Toyota, trump, uber, Volkswagon, What Drives Us
1) At the LA Auto Show, a Toyota spokesman told a roomful of reporters that there is no demand for EVs. This certainly clears things up in terms of Tesla, the Leaf, Volt/Bolt, Rivian, etc.
2) Ford has reported that the 2021 Mustang Mack E is already sold out.
3) It’s our turn to provide our impression of the Tesla Cybertruck.
Aptera, auto show, autonomous, battery, Bolt, bus, Canada, CTT, Cybertruck, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, Ford, funding, future, General Motors, gigafactory, gm, Hummer, hybrid, Hyundai, id3, las vegas, LE, Leaf, Lexus, lyft, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, reveal, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, the boring company, Tokyo, Toyota, truck, trump, tunnel, uber, Vancouver, Volt, VW, What Drives Us