Michael Klippenstein joins us for a deep-dive into hydrogen: a new initiative in British Columbia, the growth in the hydrogen sector, and the hydrogen-rich future. Additionally, we discuss that 2019 saw more coal-fired power plants shut down and replaced with renewable sources.
Aptera, autonomous, batteries, battery, California, Cybertruck, Efficiency, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, eVolution, General Motors, gigafactory, gm, Hummer, hybrid, hydrogen, Hyundai, ID.3, id3, Lexus, LimePod, lyft, Mary Barra, Micromobility, mirai, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, RAV-4, RAV4, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, Toyota, trump, uber, Volkswagon, What Drives Us
1) At the LA Auto Show, a Toyota spokesman told a roomful of reporters that there is no demand for EVs. This certainly clears things up in terms of Tesla, the Leaf, Volt/Bolt, Rivian, etc.
2) Ford has reported that the 2021 Mustang Mack E is already sold out.
3) It’s our turn to provide our impression of the Tesla Cybertruck.
Aptera, auto show, autonomous, battery, Bolt, bus, Canada, CTT, Cybertruck, electric, elon, elon musk, EV, Ford, funding, future, General Motors, gigafactory, gm, Hummer, hybrid, Hyundai, id3, las vegas, LE, Leaf, Lexus, lyft, mobility, model 3, Model S, model X, nissan, Plug-in, Politics, porsche, Range Anxiety, reveal, Taycan, Technology, Tesla, the boring company, Tokyo, Toyota, truck, trump, tunnel, uber, Vancouver, Volt, VW, What Drives Us
Chris Anthony of Aptera joins us for the full hour. Chris was part of Aptera generation 1, left the company, and is back to get generation 2 off the ground.
It’s not a stretch to say that even though we really want all EV manufacturers to succeed, we’ve been skeptical of Aptera. Chris is a real trooper to come on the show and answer our questions. He really knows his stuff and presents a strong case for seriously checking out Aptera. In the 10 years since the first iteration, there have been a lot of improvements and inventions that provide opportunities not previously available.
Listen for yourself and decide whether you would be interested in an Aptera.
1) Pre-Porsche Porsche fails to sell after Auction Boondoggle https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-18/type-64-nazi-car-by-porsche-fails-to-sell-amid-auction-blunder
2) Continental is Shifting Their Focus from Manufacturing parts for ICE vehicles to Making parts for EV vehicles. https://www.wired.com/story/auto-supplier-betting-electric-future/
3) The World’s Largest EV never needs to Plug In https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1124478_world-s-largest-ev-never-has-to-be-recharged
4) Tesla (again) Launches Rooftop Solar Plan https://www.ccn.com/elon-musk-tesla-solar/
5) Wal-Mart Sues Tesla for Rooftop Solar Fires https://www.reuters.com/article/us-walmart-tesla-solar-lawsuit/walmart-sues-tesla-over-fires-at-stores-using-its-solar-panels-idUSKCN1VA26B
6) Los Angeles has just about had it with Waze https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/waze-los-angeles-neighborhoods/